In honor of Earth Day, I'd like to share with you some ways to have an Eco-friendly wedding.
You may already planned most of your wedding, but it's never too late to add some green elements to your day.
- Arrange for any left over food to be donated to a local food pantry or mission. Just be sure to make arrangements before hand for drop off.
- Opt for a caterer who uses organic foods.
- Have a smaller, more intimate wedding and reception.
- Reduce paper whenever possible - Use one large menu card instead of individual menu cards.
- Do you really need all of those place cards and escort cards? Why not opt for a couple of seating charts.
- Why not create a wedding website - reducing paper once again. For as little as $100, you can get a beautiful site from BluDomain. Your Internet friendly friends will love it. For those on your list who may not own a computer or are more traditional, you can still have some traditional invites. Just be sure they are printed on recycled paper.
- Centerpieces - use potted plants instead of floral blooms. Orchids create a BEAUTIFUL effect as a centerpiece. Scatter smooth stones for a spa like feel.
- Live a green life after the wedding.
These are just a few things you can do. There are tons of ways to create a green wedding.